Conni S. – Melanoma

Gerson Therapy Success Story

Contributed: May 1996

“One day in May, 1996, while undressing, I noticed that a mole on my left little toe had changed. I was 50, and it had always been there but at that time it was distinctly different. It was larger, darker and reddish.

I immediately made an appointment with Dr. k. William W, to check on the mole. He took a shaved biopsy and it was reported to be ‘superficial spreading melanoma’. I had a re-excision, done by Dr. Stephen S of NH in June of 1996. This time, the biopsy report was “superficial spreading melanoma, Clark’s level IV, Breslow’s depth of invasion 1.25 mm.

I was referred to Dr. Herbert M, an oncologist at the same medical center. He felt that there was a low risk of recurrence and suggested that I should have a regular check-up by my physician. I was given no treatment protocol.

I was healthy, a non-smoker, non-drinker and physically active and felt that my immune system was good and able to heal my body. I also mistrusted medical drugs. A naturopathic doctor, Dr. David O. prescribed numerous supplements supposedly geared for melanoma. Still, in May of 1997, a small spot appeared at the edge of the scar left by the excision. A new biopsy confirmed a recurrence of melanoma at the edge of the original excision scar.

I embarked on an in depth investigation of options and tried a one-week juice and enema fast; a three-week grape diet but had to give it up because of severe loss of weight and weakness. I had two colonics and friends sent me many items in the mail to investigate. I dealt with emotional problems and decided to resolve and forgive.
Someone sent me an article about the Gerson Therapy but I tucked it away with other materials I was collecting.

I went to the New Life Health Center in Jamaica Plain, Mass. and ate macrobiotic food, had chelation therapy, had acupuncture, moxibustion and cupping. I had my metal crown removed from my teeth and mercury fillings removed.

On July 22, 1997, nine weeks after the first recurrence, I had the toe amputated at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center by Dr.Forst B. In May of 2000, almost three years after the amputation, Dr. Steven S. confirmed a second recurrence. A lymph node dissection was recommended – which I accepted because I wanted data.

The lymph nodes showed some positive ones and I realized that the melanoma was spreading through my body. I was offered Interferon-alfa but several people who had this treatment had a low success rate and severe side-effects. That turned my attention back to the Gerson Therapy. I started the treatment on August 11, 2000 in the Mexican Gerson clinic. On my return home, I had plenty of help from my husband and my four daughters. My husband even joined me on the modified therapy for six months.

After doing the full intensive therapy for two years, I had an AMAS test. The results showed that everything was normal. I continue to eat all organic vegetarian food; and drink 24 ounces (three 8 ounce glasses) of juice every day; take some potassium and stay off salt and fat. I am confident in the scientific basis of the Gerson metabolic therapy and realize that I am responsible for my own healing.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *